Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Re: keyword tag?
From: Paul Burchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 May 95 17:45:17 EDT

> I would like for HTML documents to have some facility to
> communicate to an indexing tool (a web worm/spider/etc)
> what the author believes is significant.

That's what <META> is for...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Keywords" CONTENT="any, more, questions">

With HTTP-EQUIV, the keywords can even be retrieved separately from
the full document, via a HEAD request (in conforming servers; I
think Netsite supports this).

Paul Burchard	<[log in to unmask]>
``I'm still learning how to count backwards from infinity...''