Subject: Re: Welsh Storytellers
From: ANGELA PICCINI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 May 1995 16:59:40 GMT0BST

No, he doesn't work for Cadw.  As for why he lives in Llanberis,
well, why shouldn't he--at least it's not a holiday home.  Also, he
contributes to the local community by working within it on other
projects.  His work for English Heritage is not 9-5.  They approached
him, Cadw didn't.

At any rate, his work is part of that very long tradition we on
this list have talked about before which conflates prehistoric
archaeology with early medieval Irish and Welsh stories and calls
them all Celtic, regardless of modern borders.  My point stands,
however, that he would be an excellent first contact as he knows
other storytellers, many 'native' Welsh if you like.

I am curious, what do you mean by English native?  After all, people
have been moving all over this island for centuries.  If everyone
thought that way, well, I shouldn't be in Wales either, being an
Italian-Canadian.

yours,
Angela Piccini
Dept. of Geography