AFRIK-IT May 1995

Welcome on Board AFRIK-IT

Clement Dzidonu <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 30 May 1995 20:14:58 +0000

Dear AFRIK-IT Colleagues,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you all for taking the trouble to
subscribe to the AFRIK-IT list. Welcome on board. As I indicated in the
announcement of this new list, AFRIK-IT is an open unmoderated discussion
list designed to  serve as  a  forum  for serious discussion (academic or
otherwise) on IT/Telematics-related issues and developments concerning
Africa. Issues relating to data communications and telecommunications
technologies in general and connectivity within Africa as well as
traditional IT/Telematics topics and how these relates to Africa will be
the main focus of our discussions.

The AFRIK-IT list is configured to be accessed from both Internet and
FidoNet nodes. In other words the list will be transparent to both Internet
and FidoNet users. A message posted to the list will be broadcast
simultaneously on Internet and FidoNet.

It is important to emphasize that although the list is operated by the
African Network of IT Experts and Professionals (ANITEP), it is OPEN TO
ALL. You don't need to belong to ANITEP to subscribe to the list and take
part in its discussions. I happy to report that subscriptions are coming
from all over the world and is still on-going. Because this is a new list,
we expect that it will take some time before we get into the swing of
things.

Although, I am assigned to managed the list, in my opinion, the list, in
reality  belongs to you the subscribers. Needless to say that, the success
of AFRIK-IT will depend very much on your input and participation. I am
sure we are all going to make an effort to keep AFRIK-IT  a vigorous, high
quality list. It is important that we all keep our eyes on the ball and
discourage 'off-the-topic' postings to the list.

I am eagerly looking forward to participate in the discussions. I am sure
we are  all going to learn from each other. Again welcome on board. Lets
get the ball rolling. Get involve, stay on-board and play a role in
moulding the African IT pot--- the shape of things to come.

All the best,

Clement

*  Clement Dzidonu Ph.D.                    Tel: + 353 1 6081918          *
*  School of Systems and Data Studies       Fax: + 353 1 6615046          *
*  University of Dublin                     Email: [log in to unmask]  *
*  Trinity College                                                        *
*  Dublin 2                                                               *
*  Ireland                                                                *