blood type stuff

Amy Hale <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Thu, 6 Apr 1995 18:06:00 PDT

    Someone rerecently sent me two articles on "Celtic" genetics, one of which
has a good bibliography. Here are a couple of titles that I will throw out to
the list:
      Harvey, R.G. et al
      no date "Hoe Celtic are the Cornish: A Study of Biological Affinitie
s" *Man* 21:177-201
      Kopec, A.C.
      1970 *Distribution of Blood Groups in the UK* OXford Univ. Press, Londo
n.

  There are also references given for info on "Celtic" eye color, "celtic" colo
r blindness, etc. If people are interested, I will provide them with the refer
ences.
   I personally do not think that ethnicity or identity needs to be justified b
iologically. This line of reasioning has proven to be very problematic in the
past, and the consequences can get very, very ugly.
                       Amy