Subject: Re: Secret of Roan Innish
From: Kathleen G Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 23 Apr 1995 00:30:28 -0700

I'd rather let a great song tell you about the selkies, or sealkies,
however you spell that.  On the double album, Makem and Clancy live at
the Gaiety, don't remember the exact title of the album, produced hmm
around 1978? there is a wonder long story and song called "Kagan and the
Wind"  or "Peter Kagan and the Wind"  its about a man, a sailor,  who
marries a selkie.   I believe it was written by Gordon Bok from Canada?
its really a beautiful song and dramatically (well done) performed by
these two veteran song stylists.   Kathleen