Subject: Re: bonfires
From: Aine Greaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Apr 1995 09:32:54 -0400

Your message was interesing ... I am also from outside
of Claremorris, it was part of our postal address.  I
remember the bonfires very well, rigth up until the time
I went to college in Dublin and (for all I know) later. I
had kinda forgotten unf
til I saw your message.  Ours was always at
the ball-alley, at the top of the village (The Neale, outside Ballinrobe)
and yes, I remember the arbitrary selection of things to burn.  I
also recall my brothers and the other local boys going house to
house collecting unwanted items for the fire....interesting.
Slan, A'ine Greaney.