Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Bodhrans
From: Richard D Ashkettle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Apr 1995 19:28:57 -0400

        No, I'm not jumping to the bait in this one.  However, the
bodhran is one of the instruments that I play.  I know that you can get
instructional videos et al, but I'd like to start a thread on bodhran
playing techniques.  What knowledge collectively have we learned that we
can share over this medium.  Simply giving each other pointers as to
where to look for instruction is good, but are we really using this
medium to it's full potential?
        What interesting sounds can you make on your bodhran?  What
techniques do you favor.  Do you use single end, double end sticks or do
you play with your hand?
        I admit that this thread will not be as much use to absolute
beginners, but it will be of use to them eventually.  We could even
compile all information that is discussed so that as new players sign on,
we can send them a copy as additional help.
        Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

Any and all comments, questions and/or opinions are wanted and
appreciated on this issue.  The floor is open.....

to/g go bog e/
Risteard