Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Re: SHORTTAG
From: Glenn Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 17 Apr 95 12:43:31 EDT

[Glenn A.]
 > I'm curious about SHORTTAG.  Who supports it?

[Dan]
 > All the browsers do, partly.

Actually, my curiosity is regarding whether browsers are supporting
the following since SHORTTAG is currently specified as YES.

    empty start-tag
    unclosed start-tag
    net-enabling start-tag
    empty end-tag
    unclosed end-tag
    null end-tag

Should there be langauge in the HTML 2.0 spec which notifies browser
builders of the implications of SHORTTAG YES?

Regards,
Glenn Adams