Subject: Re: CELTIC-L Digest - 10 Apr ...
From: Tom Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 15 Apr 1995 20:31:14 GMT

In a previous posting, Maryn Mckenna ([log in to unmask]) writes:

> You realize, of course, that *none* of the members of the Catholic League who
>  denounced the movie had seen it. Nor had the NYC prelate Cardinal O'Connor,
> though that didn't stop him from spending a newspaper column reviling the
> movie. (I suppose perfect ignorance is more strategic than partial ignorance;
> if you go about gathering facts, eventually the truth might sneak in.)

Sorry Maryn, you have been misled.  The president of the Catholic League saw
the whole of the movie "Priest".   I heard a live interview with him on
WTWN the short-wave radio network.  From his detailed comments, it is
obvious that he has seen the complete movie. In the whole movie, not one
of the priests is portrayed in a positive light.  Even the "hero" is a
hypocrite!  The whole movie is an attack on the priesthood and the faith
of the Roman Catholic Church.

BTW, have you seen the movie Maryn??

Tom Rooney