Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Traditional Snobbery
From: Sabine Guenther <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 26 Mar 1995 15:59:17 +0100

Hi everybody,
I'm new to this list too, and as well as that new to the international
computernet world.
I agree with the criticism of chastising people for their tastes (I too
have my pet-hates and my pet-loves, but hope that I will be able to say what
music I like, or ask questions about it, even if this is not hard-core
tradhead stuff...). As I don't play music myself, the whistle issue and
other aspects of musicianship are not that fascinating to me either; and
I now wonder am I on the right list if my interests include progressive (what-
ever that might mean in music terms) Irish music like Deiseal, or more
straight stuff like Eleanor McEvoy. Have these (and others like them) been
discussed on this list? Or is there another list for musicians like them?
Eager to learn and hear,
Sabine

PS: I just noticed,
whoever answered the Clancy question DID say it was a matter of opinion
whether you do or don't abhor them; so I guess the flames aren't all that bad
on this list...