Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: ceist an fhoghlaimeora
From: Andreas Beckers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:31:52 +0100

[Gaeilge an fhoghlaimeora]

Dia dhaoibh,

Ta/ ceist agam. Fuair me/ an abairt "Bheithea/ sa/sta anseo anois ach
b'fhe/idir go mbeadh an geimhreadh fuar agus an mbeithea/ sa/sta
ansin?" sa leabhar "Lehrbuch der irischen Sprache" (insint
Ghearma/inis an leabhair "Learning Irish" le Ma/irti/n O/ Siadhail)
Ni/or fhuair me/ an ra/ "bheithea/".

[Sorry, I have to go on in English]

I didn't find any explanation of "bheithea/" so I guess it should be
the conditional form "bheifea/". But why write it that way? I would
write "Ta/ tu/ sa/sta anseo anois ach b'fhe/idir go mbeidh an
geimhreadh fuar agus mbeifea/ sa/sta ansin?" Where am I wrong, or is
it the book?

Sla/n and thanks in advance,
        Andreas