Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: GAELTACHT WEEKEND
From: Richard D Ashkettle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:51:38 -0500

        Once again, sorry for the Bearla (I'd like this to be easily
understood by all):

The Gaelic League, Pittsburgh branch, is having it's Fifth annual
Gaeltacht Weekend (Immersion weekend) at St.Joseph Hall in Greensburgh
PA.(approx. 1/2 hour W. of Pittsburgh).
        It will begin on Friday Apr 7, and continue until Sun Apr 9.
This is a great way to learn a great bit of Gaelic in a short period of
time.  As previously mentioned, Irish AND Scots Gaelic classes will be
taught.  Also, there will be workshops on Irish music and Dance.  Every
level of fluency is welcome, no prior knowledge is required.  The weekend
will begin with a crash phrase course to help out.
        Now the punch....the price.  THe cost is $95 per person. This
includes sleeping accomodations, food and all activities.  There will be
a Se/isu/in and ce/ili on Saturday evening.  Bring notebooks, tape
recorders, and musical instruments.
        Deadline is March 25, 1995 and all reservations are on a first
come, first serve basis.  For further information, contact Peter Gilmore
at (412)422-3931 (evenings) (412)471-8919 (days) or Kevin McLaughlin at
(412)228-3145 (evenings) (412)362-3441 (days).  They can send you
registration forms and answer any questions.

        I wasn't going to post this, but the response was overwhelming.
I hope this is all the information that anyone requires.

Remember....I'm not just a student...I'm a member.

                        Slan, Risteard.