Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: help!
From: Alex Breed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 1995 00:07:27 EST

HELP!

A few weeks ago on GAELIC-L I posted a request for information
about the Irish language method books and cassettes "Beart is
Briathair."  Those of you who replied I have already thanked
personally (ma/s fe/idir "pearsanta" ar phost-r a thabhairt) and
I do so again publicly.

On the basis of the information I received I inquired of an Irish
bookseller, whose service by post and in person is legendary both
by reputation and from my own experience, with a view to buying
it.  They promptly replied that neither ---- nor ---- (I
suggested to them a source) could identify it and do I have any
more bibliographical information?

Has anyone?  Here is the information I have been given so far:

    title:      Beart is Briathair
    author:     Po/l De Bhal
    publisher:  An Clo/ Ceiltach

    3 vols., and 2 cassette tapes with each of vols. 1 & 2 (real
    Connemara, someone wrote me)

    I was told it is a popular text in Ireland at the middle-
    school level.

    With mine own eyes have I seen and in mine own hands have I
    held one of the three volumes.  It exists.

Should any of this information be corrected?  Can anyone add to
it: publisher's address, phone no., fax no., date of publication,
distributor, ISBN, no. of pp., dimensions of the books, colors of
the jackets, author's pseudonyms, price, and any other of the
arcania with which book-searchers concern themselves and which
would help my dealer (of books)?

Ari/s, go raibh maith ag na daoine ar thug cabhair dom cheana
fe/in agus ag aon duine eile gur fe/idir leis\le/i tuilleadh
cabhair a thabhairt dom.

Alex