Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Re: Learning Irish
From: "Connect-Ireland/TOPPSI, Dublin +353-1-6711687" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Feb 1995 23:28:00 +0000

MG>Tery, there are scores of people on this list who began, just like you,
MG>trying to learn alone, and finding that that was impossible! One-to-one
MG>correspondence, either all in Gaelic, or mixed to suit your level, is
MG>available, thanks to the efforts of many volunteers, of mixed ability,
MG>from people just beginning to understand the language a bit better than
MG>you do, to people capable of producing writing of very high quality!

Dia Dhuit,
Seamus Nicholson is ainm dom agus ceapaim go bhfuil an "forum" seo go
hiontach. Ni/lim cinnte conas a scri/obh chuig na seolacha a thug tu/ to
terry.

MG>To find an e-mail penpal,  or two, or three, send one of these commands:
MG>                           GET IGPENPAL TYIG
MG>                           GET SGPENPAL TYSG
MG>                           GET MGPENPAL TYMG
MG>(MG = Manx Gaelic, SG = Scottish Gaelic, IG = Irish Gaelic) to this address:
Ta/ suil agam go mbeidh an litir seo ar "bitmap. gaeilge". D'fhoghlaim
me/ gaeilge ar scoil agus ta/ a la/n focail dearmadtha agam. Mas mial le
aon duine scri/obh chugaim ta/im i mbaile a/tha cliath ar "connect
ireland bulletin board".
Ta/ bro/ orm go bhfuil an pa/irt seo as bearla ach.... my irish isn't
good enough . I am a newcomer to e-mail. I use a bbs in Dublin which
recieves the mail through fidonet (I think). I hope this message goes to
everyone. As I said above I don't know how to "get igpenpal tyig" but I
would like to hear from anyone.
Go raibh maith agaibh go le/ir,

 Sla/n
 Seamus.

---

Internet: [log in to unmask] (Seamus Nicholson)
A message from Connect-Ireland/TOPPSI, Dublin
An ASP-approved information service, member of EFF, EFI and NPTN Affiliate