Help for HTML-WG Archives

HTML-WG Archives

Subject: Re: Setting Priorities (branched from "textured backgrounds")
From: Murray Maloney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Jan 95 13:15:17 EST

> Larry Jackson writes:
>
> For my part, I vote for "need" driven features, as opposed to "cute".

In general, I agree.  But -- and you knew there was a but --
I am concerned that we not determine that features
that are not at the top of the priority list are not
worth doing until some time in the future.

It is clear that there are some big problems that need to be
solved, taking up the most of the mind share.  But there
will be things -- like background texture -- for which there
may not be a great, pressing and self-evident need, but
which is easy enough to agree on and implement.

The biggies are definitely the ones that deserve the lion's share
of our attention.  But let's not dismiss -- or diss -- the small
things that can also serve to improve the language, the apps
and the WWW.

Murray

Murray C. Maloney			Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Technical Publications Writer/Architect	Uucp:	   ...uunet!sco!murray
SCO Canada, Inc.			My Phone:  (416) 960-4031
130 Bloor Street West, 10th Floor	Fax:	   (416) 922-2704
Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5S 1N5	SCO Phone: (416) 922-1937
Disclaimer: I'm speaking for myself.  'T ain't nobody else to blame but me.
Sponsor member of Davenport Group (ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/davenport/)
Member of IETF HTML Working Group (http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/)
Member of SGML Open Internet and WWW Technical Committee