Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: irish/scots gaelic pronounciation (as Be/arla)
From: william a hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Nov 1994 13:19:08 -0500

A chairde,
        could somone please give me a quick summary of pronounciaion
differences between irish and scots gaelic?  my band is working on a
song im scots gaelic, and all my expertise is in irish. i'm
prticularly thinking of lenition, because i've been told that the
rules are quite different.  for example, i see a word like bha\rr and
would pronounce it with a 'w' sound, only one of our band members who
has studied scots gaelic some says that it should be a 'v'.  please