Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

gaelic/french common root, hist of gaelic language, etc

"Rick M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 29 Oct 1994 15:37:08 -0400

> From: Raghnall Payne <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: "a question about grammar ...."

> I hope I have responded adequately to your question, Rick. I

Ta/. ta/ me/ sasta na leitreacha (Bearla:'responses' (what is correct?))
uile go le/ir.
(Bearla anseo)
yes, I am happy with all the responses I have gotten.
(i dont know how to express the following in gaelic)
they have all been very interesting.

> doing so I have violated a GAELIC-L principle: that the primary
> purpose of this list is to provide a communications vehicle _in
> Gaelic_ for Gaelic speakers (at various levels of competence) . We

Ta/ a fhios agam. Nach bhfuiltear a fhios ag liosta Bhearla, teanga
Ghaelige air? Bim Bearla agam, ach ta/ spe/isiu/il agam stair theanga
agus stair Ghaelige.

(Bearla anseo)
and what i meant :
i understand. Does anyone know of a list in english about gaelic? I
normlly speak english,but I have interest in the history of languages
and the history of gaelic.

(is that what I said?)

all -- this is about week 3 or so of me learning gaelic (week one of my having
a book!) so, of course, your corrections are most welcome.