Subject: Re: Celtic Films
From: "dk.seattle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Sep 1994 18:43:04 -0700

Last summer the Vancouver Film Festival showed a new full length film in
Scottish Gaelic and English called "As an Eilean" (= From the Island), a
fairly realistic, even slightly gritty, fictional treatment of contemporary
life in the Gaidhealtachd.  Only really odd thing about it was that the
actors, all meant to be residents of the same village, had markedly
different regional accents!  Was said to be the ONLY full length film in
Ga\idhlig.  Sorry I can't give you any more specifics.

Dennis King