Re: Scottish Highland Games (fwd)

Matthew McDonald <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Tue, 6 Sep 1994 02:49:06 -0400

     Here is a list of events that I have taken out of the Spring/Summer 1994
edition of By Sea By Land, the Clan Donald, U.S.A. newsletter. This list of
games, as well as some other events, is definitely not all-inclusive, so I am
sure that others will also have something more to add. I also do not have
detailed information for each event, but I'm sure that local chambers of
commerce may have some of the background. If someone is having problems after
attempting to track down a specific event, send me a message and I will call
some of my clansmen or clanswomen and try to track down what you seek.

Le Gach Deagh Dhurachd
(With Every Good Wish!),

Matt McDonald

P.S. Does anyone have any information on the Celtic New Year Celebration in
Reno, NV?

--
Where To Go And What To Do!

Sept 9-11 Scottish-Irish Festival, Estes Park, CO
Sept 10 Ligonier Highland Games, Ligonier, PA
Sept 16-18 New Hampshire Highland Games, Lincoln, NH
Sept 17 Amherst Museum Scottish Festival, Amherst, NY
Sept 17 Central California Games, Fresno, CA
Sept 17 Charleston Scottish Games, Charleston, SC
Sept 24 Racine Scottish Festival, Racine, WI
Sept 24 Westminster Scottish Cultural Event, Westminster, CA
Sept 24 Williamsburg Scottish Festival, Williamsburg, VA
Sept 24-25 Chevrolet Celtic Classic Highland Games & Festival,
                        Bethlehem, PA

Oct 1 Scottish Festival, Goshen, CT
Oct 1 Yuba Sutter Games, Yuba City, CA
Oct 1-2 Flora McDonald Highland Games, Red Springs, NC
Oct 8 Anne Arundel Scottish Highland Games, Crownsville, MD
Oct 8 Glendale Games, Glendale, CA
Oct 13-16 Stone Mountain Highland Games, Atlanta, GA
Oct 15-16 Loch Prado Games, Chino, CA
Oct 22 Sam Hain Festival, Hawaiian Gardens, CA

Nov 12 Treasure Island Highland Games, Treasure Island, FL
Nov 19 St. Andrew's Ball, Metro Denver, CO
Nov 19 St. Andrew's Dance, Anchorage, AK
Nov 26 St. Andrew's Day Celebration, Cincinnati, OH

Dec 3 Alexandria Scottish Christmas Walk, Alexandria, VA
Dec 31 Hogmanay, Topeka, KS

With Thanks to Information From Mr. & Mrs. Elice McDonald's Annual Calendar

Taken from the Spring/Summer 1994 issue of "By Sea By Land," the newsletter
of Clan Donald, U.S.A.