Subject: Re: celtic paganism/individualistic & personalised
From: "m.erskinerichmond-acacia-ccsd-student-93000001" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 26 Aug 1994 13:01:16 EST

I believe the basic criteria is essentially very different from that
of secular (formally organised) religions.  Where simple spirituality is
essentially from the heart, and Christianity is deliberately empowered
away from the individual heart, to that of a group-mind-with-authority-
vested-in-male-power-figure, primal religious spirituality is individualistic
off necessity. It varies from 'the solitary pagan' to that of the single
sex group, to a mixed sex group.  And you get various forms of formality,
and informality, over a very wide turf.  In other words, you would need
to check out zillions of sub-groups to discover the 'norm'.

Cheers,

Mel