Help for GAELIC-L Archives

GAELIC-L Archives

Subject: Re: please, douse those flames!
From: "Sean V. Kelley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 8 Jul 1994 17:20:45 -0400

On Fri, 8 Jul 1994, julie burke wrote:

> Apologies, fine people, for my abysmal ignorance and awkwardly-posed questions.
> Apologies to P M'G for impugning the fine celtic studies programs of Canadian
> Universities, they are lucky to have them, while we Yanks perish in our torrid
> clime, strip malls, bad television, and worse curricula.
>
> I promise not to post until I can do so in a civilized tongue.
> Aloha no wau 'ia oe.
> (possibly your lone Irish-Hawaiian subscriber)

I've seen no flames here, have they been sent to you privately?  This is a
mailing  list after all, not USENET News I would hope.  There is nothing to
apologize about Julie as far as I can tell.  People are getting far too
sensitive on this list.

_You_ are welcome here.

As for those readers of Gaelic-l who flamed you privately, just ignore them
Julie.  I have been flamed on this mailing list as well for asking questions
that were not appreciated.

le dea-mhe/in,

Sean

Sean V. Kelley               ________    __o   B'aite liom fe/in bheith ar
Lockheed Corp.                 _____   _`\<,_     thaoibh mhalai/ shle/ibhe,
[log in to unmask]   ___ (*)/ (*)       Agus  caili/n gaelach
                                                       a bheith 'mo chomhair