Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: pronouncing Gaelic
From: Alan Ng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Jun 1994 17:51:52 CST

In Message Mon, 6 Jun 1994 09:43:00 EDT,
  Seamus Keleher <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>>                                                 BTW, how does one pronounce
>> "feadog?"
>> Steve Wolfe
> Feado/g = Fee-DOHG    Feado/ga Stain =  Fee-DOHG-a shtayn
>                                                               Shay-mus
Ok, time for another silly question.  This one has engendered copious debate
at various gatherings I've been at.  Obviously nobody there was a speaker.
So . . . how does one pronounce "bodhran" in Gaelic.  This time I want the
REAL answer! ;-)
                              Alan Ng                Fax:(608)255-0650
Internet:[log in to unmask]                 Bitnet:alanng@wiscmac2