Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: P.s. to: More TeX questions
From: wc0zxr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 May 1994 15:00:16 +0100

> Update:  I have successfully viewed and printed musicdoc.dvi from the latest
> version of MusicTeX.  Embedded typeset musical examples and all.  Looks
> beautiful.  I see that this 60-page .dvi file takes 223kB, _much_ more
> efficient than .gif or .tif etc.  Not as efficient as an abc file, but then
> you can't put an abc file on your music stand and make any sense out of it,
> either.

        With all due respect (and maybe because I've used it quite a lot)
in my experience, you can put an abc file on your music stand and make
sense out of it. Now I'm not suggesting that anyone moves over to abc
notation from standard music notation, but when I'm in a session and I want
to write out the first few notes of a tune as an aide-memoire for when
I get home, I *always* use abc notation.

        Chris Walshaw