Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: P.s. to: More TeX questions
From: Steve Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 31 May 1994 08:49:20 -0500

>> I hereby vote that we store .dvi files of the abc tunes on
>> celtic.stanford.edu.  If this is agreed to, I'll put together a description
>> of how a Windows user unfamiliar with TeX can get those .dvi files on paper.
>>                               Alan Ng                Fax:(608)255-0650
>> Internet:[log in to unmask]                 Bitnet:alanng@wiscmac2
>>

>Alan:
>
>This sounds promising.  Maybe I speak for other semi- or non-techies when
>I say I was overwhelmed by all the hoops one seemingly had to go through
>to be able to get and print tunes.  If a more user-friendly method is
>available to the average computer user, you've got my vote!
>
>Anyone else?
>
>Paul Wells

Sounds great to me, too!  I downloaded the stuff from Stanford but just
haven't found the time to figure it all out.  A short step-by-step set of
instructions would be nice.  BTW I did an Archie search for dviwn281.zip and
came up empty handed...does anybody know a good FTP site, or is it a common
program available in all the usual PC places?  I guess I should look before
I ask, but since I was responding anyway...

Thanks,
Steve