Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: MARY BLACK
From: Deborah Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Apr 1994 15:51:24 +0100

Speaking of Mary Black - does anyone know if the first General Humbert
recording is available anywhere.  I have the second on lp and it looks like
Shanachie has deleted it from its catalog.  Too bad.  It is very good.  I am
glad to hear that Ms. Black is singing more traditional tunes, but she can
sing the telephone book as far as I am concerned.  What a great voice!!!

As for "Kilkelly,"  the other musicians are Mick Moloney on vocals, guitar,
mandolin, tenor banjo and Robbie O'Connell on vocals and guitar.  The first
recording I have of it is on Green Linnet SIF 1072 (lp#).  I believe there is
a live version out, too.

Going across the channel, Brass Monkey, the band with Martin Carthy, has a
collective CD out I believe on Topic.  I just ordered it and will let you know
how it is.

Deborah Schaeffer