Subject: Re: A Welsh Political List?
From: JENNIFER WILLIAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Feb 1994 13:37:00 GMT

Hi
I am currently living in a constituency where we have a Plaid Cymru member
as our MP, and I am welsh to boot.  It seems to me that Plaid Cymru is
increasing in popularity, as seen at the last general election - as it picked
up extra seats.  This is especially so in the Welsh-speaking parts of Wales
ie) the west and the north of Wales.

There currently appears to be a lot of ill-feeling amongest the Welsh-speaking
people of Wales, that Wales as a nation is being ignored by the British govt
Our Welsh secretary, John Redwood is English and appears to have very little
interest in Wales at all.

As an example of Welsh feeling: there was a letter in the national newspapaer
of Wales - the Western Mail, this weekend which was debated the merits of
including a red Welsh dragon in the Britsh flag.  The feeling was that is that
if that did happen then it would seem that Wales was even more connected to
England that it already is.  If Wales is to have at least some degree of
independance from England then it must be seen to be shouting about that
independance at every opportunity possible.

I would like to say in conclusion that these comments are my own opinions
and should not be taken as a general welsh opinion!!

Hwyl nawr   Jennie