Subject: Celtic Culture week
From: Steve Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Feb 1994 15:45:12 -0800

At Silicon Graphics, we are culturally diverse.  In celebration of the parts
that make up our "glorious whole", we have representatives from our constituent
parts to conduct a celebration of things that we contribute to the "melting
pot".

I'd welcome any messages with interesting factoids that I can use in a montage
that I'll be assembling.  What I'm specifically looking for are traditions from
any of the Celtic backgrounds; Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Breton and Manx.
 (Forgive me if I missed one.)  An example of what I'm looking for comes from
the National Geographic, where they explain that Celts counted by twenties
(which lives on in the French language today, and used to show up in British
coinage, where there were 20 shillings to the pound, etc.)  Please try to email
back to me by the second week in March.

I'll be sending this along to soc.culture.celtic, as well, but any help that
you can furnish would be MOST appreciated.

Steve

--
Stephen C. Hill, CDP
{ames,decwrl}!sgi!steveh  or  [log in to unmask]

>From my last fortune cookie: "You will be a dragon of creative fire
                              this week.   Watch your aim."