Subject: Re: Scots vs. Irishmen
From: Janet Wallwork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Feb 1994 13:19:36 GMT

Anyway, could someone please tell me where I could
> obtain Archaeological report data on specific sites such as Dun Aonghosa,
> Inis Mor and Hill of Tara?

A good source of information on Irish archaeological sites is Peter
Harbison's "Guide to National and Historica Monuments of Ireland",
Gill and Macmillan, 1992. As well as grid references and a brief
description, he does site relevant books and articles on each site.
Unfortunately these references are often not very up to date, and in
the case of the sites mentioned there is nothing recent.
You would need to check British Archaeological Abstracts to see if
any recent work has been published. (I fear it may not have been).

There is a British periodical "Current Archaeology" which is very
useful for letting you know who is working where, so you know who to
contact.
Also I believe there is one  called "Archaeology Ireland"  which may
help.

Janet L.Wallwork
JRULM