Subject: Archaeological info.
From: Jim McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Feb 1994 10:02:43 LCL

> Gerry Adams situation. Anyway, could someone please tell me where I could
> obtain Archaeological report data on specific sites such as Dun Aonghosa,
> Inis Mor and Hill of Tara? I need this information to do some

To Samuel and anyone else interested,
The best place to start is in an abstracting publication called
British Archaeological Abstracts.  It's published by the Council for
British Archaeology twice yearly, with a comprehensive index in the
second part.  Every University library has it, as well as local and
society libraries.  As good for the broader European scene is
Norwegian Arch. Abs.  Try also the Social Sciences, and Arts and
Humanities Citiation Indexes, which both contain archaeological and
historical information.  In the UK, both are available online via
BIDS over JANET network, but your institution will need to subscribe.
Good Luck, Jim.

Jim McNeil,
Research School,Department of Archaeology and Prehistory,
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S10 2TN.
Tel: (0742) 826703 (direct dialling).
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Heart of Midlothian F.C. - Edinburgh's Finest...
Now 20 games ahead in Edinburgh derbys.
"Clann Neill nam piob's   "Clan Neil of the pipes and
nam breacan sibh a thug   tartan that came from Ireland
a chreach a Eirinn."      to raid and stayed."