Subject: Re: Scots vs. Irishmen-My name
From: BRADLEY HARRAH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 9 Feb 1994 02:33:54 -600

On Tue, 8 Feb 1994, Tom R. Schultz wrote:

> Jennie:
>       As far as I know, the Latin word SCOTORUM was a generic term for all of t
> he Gaels in Ireland and Scotland. We know that the Gaels came to be in Scotland
>  sort of through the back door when the Irish Gaels settled the Dalriada. Maybe
>  the Scots have a little extra Viking blood thrown in. Who knows?
>       Slainte Mhor,
>   Tom R. Schultz

        "I just recently joined this list.  I think this is all
interesting.  I was wondering, since all of you understand the history
MUCH better than I do, if you could help me.  I have Irish blood in me.
I'm not sure which part I am from, but I could find out my mother's side.
Her maiden name is Murray (I'm not sure what it was originally).  My
father (who's family doesn't have all that much information) could have
Irish descendents.  He thinks that he does.  His (and mine) last name is
Harrah (which was changed probably?).  This may be pointless and a waste
of time, but if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it.
-From a good-little midwestern guy in Missouri, Brad...