Subject: Re: Scots vs. Irish Question
From: Cliff Mcgann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 Feb 1994 20:04:24 AST

       The whole question of the Picts and Scots and the Irish is one that
isn't easily answered. Although I have only recently began to formally
study people's of celtic heritage it is easy enough to ascertain that
not enough is known (especially about the Pict's) to form an agreeable
answer to the relationship between these people.  I have recently read a
book by Lloyd and Jenny Lang entitled The Pict's and the Scot's which
attempts to show the relationship between these two groups.  The authors
admit that although recent archeological evidence has made it easier to
study these celtic people the overall view is still shrouded in a
mysterious veil which likely will never be uncovered.  A question that
has interested me and one which I have still unsatisfactorally answered
is why does it seem that the Picts simply dissapear from history after
they were united with the Scots.  I guess I am probably just adding more
fuel to the fire.
                       -Cliff-

Cliff McGann
St.F.X.U