Subject: Welsh/British history
From: Brian Griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Feb 1994 00:22:09 CST

Hi.  My name is Brian Griffin, and I am new to Celtic-L.  I have left the follo
wing message with the folks at Welsh-l, but hope you can help me. I am doing re
search on early Welsh history, and there are a couple of points which confuse m
e.  After the deaths of Urien and Owain of Rheged, what happened to Carlisle (C
aer Ligualid)?  Was it occupied immediately by Brynaich?  Or did it sit defense
lessuntil Rheged became part of Northumbria?  Also, was the city of York called
 Efrog by the British?  If so, what was the name of the kingdom ruled by York i
n post-Roman times?  Last but not least, there was a British kingdom in the Pen
nines between Brynaich and  Rheged, ruled by a king named Dunaut.  Does anyone
know the name of that kingdom?  Sure would appreciate your help. Thanks, Brian
Griffin