Subject: Re: Cage match!! Scots vs. Irishmen
From: Douglas Macgowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Feb 1994 11:30:28 PST

Of course, one of the obvious problems is that the Christian
missionaries got to Scotland and Wales and Britan long before they
got to Ireland - and whatever societies originally roamed the
non-Ireland Celtic lands never got documented in the Middle Ages
like the Irish did.  By the time the scribes got around to writing
down the Irish Myths, any similar ones in Scotland/Wales/etc. had
long since evaporated or been purged by the Roman Church.

I am just now in the middle of Lady Augusta Gregory's "Cuchulain
of Muirthemne" and haven't seen any evidence of his being a Pict.

Not that I would mind if he was.  Some of my best friends are
Picts ;-)

- Douglas MacGowan