Subject: Re: Info on Kernow
From: brian griffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 6 Feb 1994 18:03:29 CST

To J. Mills re The Cornish Language.  The las t I heard about Cornish was that
it died out in the 1700's (maybe 1760) and that, recently, about two hundred pe
ople have resurrected it.  How do the Cornish people feel vis a vis their relat
ionship with the rest of the UK, England in particular?  I once heard of a Corn
ish man being asked if he was English, to which he bristled and answered, "I am
 British, not English."  Being your basic Canadian/ iceback Yank, I didn't unde
rstand those subtleties until much later.  Tell us more.  Brian.