Subject: Rowan trees
From: Douglas Macgowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Feb 1994 16:42:00 PST

I have read a lot of Celtic folklore that talks about the
Rowan tree as a magical tree - especially in warding off the
Fair Folk.

I have also heard this tree is also known as either the
Mountain Ash or the Mountain Laurel, and I am hoping to
get clarification as to specifically what the Celts consider
a Rowan tree.

The common name would be appreciated, and if I could get
the Latin horticultural name, that would be ideal.

Thanks -

Douglas MacGowan