Subject: Re: Taig
From: "Thomas J. Delaney III" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Feb 1994 12:21:16 -0600

As per L. T. May's question, I can't remember the origin of "taig," but my dad
knows it and I'll find out from him soon. As for the Catholic side of a shovel,
it has to do with shovel handles I think I remember. The poorer Catholics, using
shovels without handles, would shove a shovel into the ground with a grip and a
shove from the right side...whereas porported wealthier Protestants had shovels
with handles, and would use the left.  I think that's it...I'll dig up some more
later (yuk yuk).

School Psychology Program  *  "Oh yeah....oh yeah..........             *
University of Minnesota    *     ...Everything...everything.....        *
350 Elliott Hall           *     everything's gonna be alright          *
75 East River Rd.          *     this mornin' !                         *
Mineapolis, MN  55455      *                     - Muddy Waters         *