Subject: My Thomas Family Background
From: "Maurice Richard Myers III." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Feb 1994 13:53:49 -0500

In the generations that have passed since my mother's family came from Wales,
the hometown (or village) name was misremembered as 'Lam-blam-mire,' meaning
'church steeple.'  Reviewing a map of Wales, I found a 'Llanbrynmair' that
looks to be on the way to Aberystwyth from Shrewsbury, perhaps on the rail
line, and I wondered what the name means.

Can anyone tell me if there are any members of the Thomas Family, descendants
of Thomas, the bodyguard of The Duke of Wellington, still residing there, if
it is my mother's family's well-spring?  And in what county is Llanbrynmair
located?

Also, how would I get information about the Ward Shipping Lines operating out
of Great Britain before 1831?

Your assistance on this personal adventure/quest is greatly appreciated,
M. Richard Myers III