Subject: Re: gaelic football
From: Wayne Crotts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Feb 1994 23:46:50 EST5EDT

> this is probably apocryphal, but it has been suggested that football
> originated with pagan celts kicking around a severed head.... gives
> new meaning to the concept of funeral games, doesn't it?
> leslie jones
Check out the movie *The Man Who Would Be King.*  (for a the
infamous head in the sack game. Though Kipling probably was
mimicking the British love of Polo).  However,  I have a feeling that
this head game would be a custom among many peoples.
"Still at the end of every hard day
  people find some reason to believe."
          Bruce Springsteen  *Nebraska*
            Wayne, 1st door on the left in C.