Subject: Herne
From: "Mary Ann McKinnon." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 Feb 1994 01:12:50 EST

I recently rekindled my interest in things Celtic after seeing Richard
Carpenter's "Robin of Sherwood."  My question is about the reference  in this
program to the god  "Herne."  What references in Celtic mythology could this
be based upon?  Cernunnos perhaps?  And would there have been paganism still
surviving in the 1290's?

MaryAnnMcKinnon