Subject: Re: history
From: Michael Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Feb 1994 08:51:43 GMT

|    I am new to Celtic-l.  Part of my heritage is Irish, and I would like to
|learn more about it.  Can anyone suggest books which would give me an accurate
|account of Irish history?

  You're never going to find anything without a bias about Ireland.  Most
things are written from an Anglo-centric point of view, so it's useful to
balance this out with an Irish point of view as well.  From sketchy memory,
here are some good sources I've found that I'd highly recommend:

  "The Cultural Conquest of Ireland", Kevin Collins, Mercier Press.
  "Ireland: Her Own Story" (? -- can't remember author)
  "Nothing But the Same Old Story: The Roots of Anti-Irish Racism" (can't
    remember author)

(I can get the author's names later if there's interest)