Subject: Re: Gauls and Celts
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Tue, 22 Feb 1994 22:41:01 -0600

Sorry, everyone

Brad I tried to write to you directly, but could not get through.

My e-mail address is:  [log in to unmask]

Please try your luck.  I just found out how the name Harrah came to be.

It began as O'Hara back in Ireland.  When the O'Hara's came over and settled
in the United States things went well for them.  Like many in those days
they spread over the colonies.  During the Civil War here, there was a
family of O'Hara's who were influential in the South.  In fact, one of the
O'Hara's was Stonewall Jackson's Aide.

To avoid confusion, a prominant Northern family changed the spelling of thier
name to Harrah.  It has been spelled that way ever since.

Have a funderful day!

Mary