Subject: Re: history
From: Michael Gibbons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Feb 1994 16:47:18 -0800

On Thu, 3 Feb 1994, Jamie Templeton Mu wrote:

>      I am new to Celtic-l.  Part of my heritage is Irish, and I would like tole
> arn more about it.  Can anyone suggest books which would give me an accurate ac
> count of Irish history?
>
>                         Thanks,
>
>                             Jamie Templeton@mizzou1

Is e/ do bheatha, a Jamie.

A great short history to start with is "The Course Of Irish History"
edited by T.W. Moody and F.X. Martin. Another is "Ancient Irish Tales" by
Cross and Stover. I don't know where you live so I don't where you can
get these books. I got mine from the Harvard Coop in Cambridge, MA many
years ago.

Sla/n go fo/ill,

Michael Gibbons