Subject: Bagpipes (Re: Galicia)
From: Michael Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 18 Feb 1994 09:29:24 -0800

> | On a bottle of imported 'cider' there is a picture of a man in the tradition
   al
> | dress of the region and he is holding bagpipes.

>   Bagpipes are not specifically Celtic.

Bagpipes are found everywhere in the world.  I would guess they
are one of the "natural" musical instruments, like the drum,
the flute, & the harp, that human beings would invent over &
over.  Any place that domesticated herds of animals would wind
up with the raw materials needed to make the first bagpipes,
the cured internal organs or well-stitched hides.