Subject: Re: Galicia
From: "Theresa A. Angiolelli" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Feb 1994 10:51:10 EST

I find this discussion about the spatial distribution of Celtic-originating
socieites over the surface of the earth interesting.
F.Y.I.
The Galicia in Spain is connected to the Celtic tradition.
I have a close friend whose father is from that region.
It is true that the Celtic traditions mixed in with some Castillian
traditions.
On a bottle of imported 'cider' there is a picture of a man in the traditional
dress of the region and he is holding bagpipes. The traditional dress looks
Celtic. The language is different than Spanish, I have seen a primary
instrution book on the language. It also varies from the Portuguese.
I was able to look through a picture book on the region, the terrrain
mimics somewhat the rolling green hills. I was told that it rains there
quite a bit.  Interestingly, I noticed a picture of a graveyard and
the monuments were indicative of the Celtic art forms. I am trying to learn
more about this.  if I come up with any concrete info I will post it.
Everybody have a nice day.
Theresa