Subject: Re: Roman Genocide
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Wed, 16 Feb 1994 13:35:50 PST

On Feb 16,  2:50pm, DENISE INGLIS wrote:
> Colmchille's &al, dominated by O Neill abbots -- and the Roman church
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> for religious leadership in the English domains.
> What?!  St. Columcille appointed members of his *own* clan as abbots?  Talk
> about nepotism!  Gee, the more I read the more questions I have.  Boggle.
I don't know who appointed them, or what the method of succession
was, but his successors were mostly from the O Neill's for quite
some time.
It's a funny sort of thing to be happening; but unfortunately there is no
history of the clan during this period (the analogy of the Borgias or the
Hapsburgs springs to mind) that would explain what the O Neills
were up to or how they worked.