Subject: Re: Gauls and Celts
From: Aengus Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Feb 1994 14:09:02 GMT

The Celtic connections of Galicia (the Iberian one!) are the subject of
continuing debate...anyone interested could try getting in touch with
Carmen Millan [log in to unmask] BTW Galegos get a bit hot under the
collar when their language is referred to as a dialect. (I'm Irish so
I don't care either way!) I suppose it depends on what your criteria
for defining languages/dialects are but galego fulfils those generally
given for a language, albeit a Romance rather than Celtic one.
                        Aengus/Carmin~a
    en galego estamos no mundo!!