Subject: Astronomical urban/regional planning
From: "-s93000001-m.erskinerichmond-ccsd-200-" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Feb 1994 15:07:56 EST

 I am working on a major project:

 _Principles and History of 'Astronomical urban/ regional planning'_.

 RESEARCH / DEVELOPMENT TEAM SOUGHT

 Can anyone help me locate information, others working in this field,
 those who are interested in team-work or discussions with this concept?

 I am interested to find subscribers on this list or others who have
 at least a nodding acquaintance with or wish to study the principles of
 _Astronomical urban / regional planning_ (a literal material
 rendering of the cosmology of the ancient Mystery-Schools).

 WHAT IS/ WAS A 'MYSTERY-SCHOOL?

 These geographically scattered but inter-linked Schools themselves
 formed an elusive, but august international fraternity/sorority,
 or _'invisible college'_, a hierarchy of initiate 'priests/priestesses'
 trained in the ancient moral philosophies or 'wisdom-teachings',
 whose members were composed of astronomer-time-keepers, philosophers,
 cosmic law-givers, regional and town planners, architects, landscapers,
 highly skilled artisans, etc.].

 The philosophical foundations of these Mystery teachings themselves
 rest[ed] upon an understanding of the metaphysical concept, 'as above,
 so below - after another manner' [ie. in seeing the vast heavenly
 regions of interstellar space, and its stars and planetary bodies,
 as a lofty philosophical metaphor and model for conscious living,
 imbued with majesty, cosmic power and the wisdom of the Universe
 and its origins [Creator].

 WHERE WERE THE SCHOOLS OF THIS PHILOSOPHY?

 Examples of the Mystery Schools' remarkable legacy to large-scale
 planning include:
 1. the Zodiac temples or Zodiac landscape patterns of Britain
    (eg. Glastonbury [Somerset], Kingston-on-Thames [near London], etc.)
    and elsewhere in Europe, the Middle East, etc., and
 2. the complex geometrical constructs (such as those demonstrated in
    France's Rennes des Bains region).
 3. Solar or Sun sites [circular with 'sun-ray' patternings beyond the
    circumference of the circles (created as villages, towns, cities)
    including sites found in the Americas.

 COMMUNICATIONS/ TYPE OF INFORMATION SOUGHT:

 I would like to enter into dialogue with anyone who has some interest
 and or familiarity with these constructs.  I am interested in:
   a] the historical appreciation of the vast surveying and planning
      skills anciently utilised in their development, and
   b] in tracing their ancient antecedents,
   c] as well as in discovering whether their care and upkeep remains
      under the guidance of knowledgeable [ie. initiated?] managers, and
   d] whether those areas known to us [ie. rediscovered] are still in
      current use or have been abandoned prior to or in our present times.

 FURTHERING GLOBAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE INTERNATIONAL MYSTERY-TEACHINGS

 I would appreciate any information directed towards furthering our
 global understanding of these areas, and towards ways to foster a societal
 re-awakening of the principles used in making sacred cities and sites
 by the ancient cultures of the planet.

 SOURCES OF FUNDING, GRANTS, SCHOLARSHIPS, ETC.

 Sources for fundings, grants, scholarships, etc. to this goal
 would also be welcomed.

 Regards,
 Melcir

 ----