Subject: Re: .gif files
From: Leslie Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 14 Feb 1994 15:37:28 -0800

> Just to make this a Celtic-related message, a while back, I thought someone
> mentioned Celts at Thermopylae or something, and then we never heard any more.
> If this is correct, what were the Celts doing in Greece anyway? Although I'd
> really like to claim bragging rights to Aeschylus as well as Yeats...
>
> Joe Murphy
> Circulation Services
> CUA Mullen Library
> (202) 319-5060

i believe this was when the celts were doing their best to cause The
End Of Civilization As We Know It, sacking delphi and otherwise
wrecking havoc in the hearts of all gently-reared greeks.  the date
278 BCE sticks in my head for some reason.  ultimately, of course, a
bunch of them got stranded in turkey and that's why there were
galatians (that gal- root) for st. peter to write to a few centuries
down the line.

leslie jones