Subject: Re: Rowan trees, etc.
From: "Tom R. Schultz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 12 Feb 1994 11:50:53 CST

Liam,
I don't know of any significance of the holly with the blackbird, but it surely
has some relation with the old Druid bird, the wren.
"...droolin' , droolin', where's your nest? It's in the tree that I love best.
In the tree, the holly tree, where all theboys do follow me. Up with the kettl
e & down with the pan, give us a penny to bury the wren." Hope you had a splend
id St. Stephen's day!
Slainte go saol agad!