Subject: Re: Rowan trees, etc.
From: Liam O/ hAirt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Feb 1994 15:44:11 EST

As long as we're on the subject of trees, what do you all know about
alder and holly? i'm a folksinger, and in a song i've been arranging
('s oro lundubh bui/ - O my happy blackbird) the narrator mentions that
is coffin is made half from alder and half from holly. any thoughts as to
why these woods were chosen?
                            Liam